To use your Philips Home Safety Camera, the OS of your smartphone should be compatible with the app. The Philips Home Safety app will work on your smartphone as long as it runs either IOS version 15.0 and higher or Android 8 and higher.
Philips is proud to be a household brand trusted by millions. We take that trust very seriously and follow strict industry standards to ensure your data stays private and in your control. Some of the ways we do so include:
1. Our installed private cloud is ISO27001 compliant.
2. Encrypting the SD card by default so it cannot be read if someone removes it from the device.
3. We encrypt data at rest so it is accessible only to you.
4. TLS 1.2 is used for any data transmission; depending on your router settings AES 128 is supported (AES 128 is the same encryption used by banks).
5. Biometric authentication to access the app if wished.
You can access your Philips Home Safety Camera from anywhere, as long as you have internet access. In case you want to use your camera in your new location, unpair it from the app and pair it again with the new WiFi details.
There are two scenarios in which you can use the app on multiple devices.
Firstly, the app allows you to share access to your cameras with friends and family. This means that the people you shared access with, can access your camera using their accounts.
Additionally, you can download the Philips Home Safety app on multiple devices and log into the same account. This allows you to use the app seamlessly across all your devices, ensuring that you always have access.